BIW Learning Center Enhanced Training Closes the Gap between Field Installation & Product Failures
With 24/7 access to the latest content, complete with learning path approach and certification database for users, the BIW Learning Center transforms the training experience and maximizes performance from our high technology products
The first-of-its-kind learning framework for the upstream oil and gas market, the BIW Learning Center is a comprehensive training approach that helps customers close the gap between product failures and product installation.
Originally launched in June 2016 with significant enhancements introduced in January 2018, the BIW Learning Center includes online courses, offline training manuals and industry-specific videos that are available 24/7. The program allows all 400+ registered users to participate via the same simplified learning path, where customers start training with only two basic-level courses and advance to any of the 10 different product-specific modules.
"We work closely with Customer Field Service Managers to offer training for technicians that helps them solve real-life challenges in the field. Our training content and platform are specifically designed for ease of use and access and to help our customers optimize their time," said James Boey, BIW's global customer training manager.
All content, including videos and instruction manuals, is availble for technicians to complete anytime or anywhere via desktop PC or table. This includes technique videos that focus on the correct method to build necessary skill competencies and product videos that are more assembly specific.
“Our goal is to solve the business needs of our customers through innovative and relevant training," said John Hirsekorn, BIW's director of engineering and marketiing. "This is a step-change in the way training is performed in the industry and it is significantly improving the quality of our product installations in the field."
- How-to Videos with Skills Development & Product-Focused Content - Our extensive library of training videos include Technique Videos that emphasize method and skills, and Product Videos which enhance familiarity with specific product assembly processes.
- Questionnaires – A series of online questions test user knowledge before self-practice and Supervisor certification on the system.
- Certifications – Certificate programs and validity tracking in the Learning Center ensures technicians are thoroughly trained before initiating field installations on their own
- Alerts & Reporting – These tools help Supervisors better manage their teams' training and ensure they stay on top of expiring certifications.
- The BIW Learning Center is available to current BIW Connector Systems customers. Click here to get started.